Friday, 1 April 2016

WPlus9 Foxy Friends: Fox

Hi everyone, Simonne here! :)

As soon as I saw the Foxy Friends and Bountiful Blooms die sets from WPlus9's February 2016 release, I knew I had to buy them! I am a sucker for stand-a-lone dies, especially ones that have multiple components to piece together.  WPlus9 say that you can mix and match the individual parts of the Foxy Friends die set to create a fox, raccoon or a cat, so I have created 3 cards as a sort of mini-series of tutorials here on the My Mum's Craft Shop blog to show you how I put each animal together.

Today I am sharing the card I made with the fox:


Supplies
WPlus9 Foxy Friends
WPlus9 Bountiful Blooms
WPlus9 Sunshine Layers
Mama Elephant Sew Fancy

Bazzill cardstock: Coconut Swirl, Date Swirl, Blackberry Swirl, 

Kraft, Ocean Breeze, Sweet Pea, Pear Crush


The fox is very easy to cut out and put together.  
I cut out pieces A and D from brown card (I used kraft),
and B and F from white card:

I glued part A onto part B to create the head,
and then glued this onto the body (part D):

For his eyes and ears, I simply cut out an extra head (using die B) in black and pink card, and then inlaid the teeny tiny pieces into the corresponding parts on the assembled die-cut.  His nose is slightly larger than his eyes and comes as a separate die (die E), which I cut from black card.

The white stitched scalloped rectangle was cut using my WPlus9 Sunshine Layers die set (one of my all-time favourite sets!), and all the blooms, leaves, butterfly, dots, banner and sentiment (i.e. ALL the other die-cut pieces) were cut using my WPlus9 Bountiful Blooms die set:


The circular stitched window was cut using the largest circle from the Mama Elephant Sew Fancy die set:

Tomorrow I will be sharing the card I made with the raccoon, so I would love for you to join me again then! :)

Thanks for much for stopping by today!

Hugs,

3 comments:

  1. Great card, those dies look fab.. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet creation,such lovely pastel colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love all those fab dies x

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments & feedback :)