Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Welcome Baby Boy

Hi there everyone it's Shelly here stopping by with my card for this week.  This week we have an animal theme and this was a bit of a challenge for me as I don't tend to 'feature' animals on my cards!

Then I sat down and had a think and inspiration struck, as it does, and I decided to use this fabulous Woodware Noah's Ark clear stamp to make a baby card.

The stamp is a great size for a 6 x 6 card and I sat for ages colouring it with my Copics and hey I know I've coloured the fish green and you don't see many green fish (or at least I never have) but call it artistic licence, I needed some green to match in with the papers !



The papers are from the Echo Park Bundle of Joy Boy 6 x 6 pad and I have to say these are some of my favourite papers so far this year.  As a contrast I've matted everything onto dark brown cardstock.

I haven't added a great deal of embellishment to this card as the stamp takes up quite a large part of it but I've used some twine and a chunky green button and made a fancy scalloped edge using one of the dies from the Crafts Too Frames 8 die set.

Well I'm off now, be sure to keep stopping by to check out what the rest of the DT girls have in store for you this week.

Hugs
Shelly x

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments & feedback :)