Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Smile at the Sky.

Good morning you beautiful people. It's my turn to hit you all up with some SUMMER inspiration for this week.

What's your take on summer? Long days spent in the garden or down the beach? Reading a book or pottering around the garden? Mine, is the sky. I love just sitting back, relaxing, wherever I am and just taking in the big blue sky. It blows my mind every time, and always reminds me of how small we really are!! The sun? Not so much a fan. I'm more of a winter person, but I do appreciate the summer, it makes my greenhouse grow. :)

So I decided to take this as an opportunity to start practicing my sky. It's not like there is a lack of tutorials out there, so I thought I'd give it a go.


I'll be the first to admit that my clouds are a little.. flat.. kinda like the giant from (Jack and the Giant Beanstalk, obviously) has been sitting on them. Hah. It's alright for a first attempt though. I will definitely be working on the shape of them. I want them looking more fluffy but still more cartoon like rather than realistic. 

So as for my supplies, this is the gorgeous Summer (aptly named) from the Wild Sprouts over at The Greeting Farm, and I've coloured her up with my ProMarkers and FlexMarkers to match papers from Echo Park - Here and Now collection. I added a banner across the top which I've die cut from more of the patterned paper using a C.C Designs die which Kitty will order in for you no problem.

Head over to the My Mum's Craft Shop Blog and see what the other ladies have been posting for our SUMMER theme this week. Oh, and don't forget to join in with our Monthly Challenge for your chance to win a MMCS Voucher.

Out. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments & feedback :)