Wednesday, 1 May 2013

A Treat for You and a New Challenge

Hey there everyone it's Shelly here with my card for this week which also doubles as my card for our new challenge which kicks off on the Challenge Blog today.  The theme for this month is:-

Spots or Stripes

I've been dying to use this stamp since I got it and I know she has been very popular..... this is Cupcake Cutie by My Favourite Things and I've combined two of the images in the set to create my card.  I've coloured her with Copics and coloured some random dots around her to create a bit of a background.
 
I've paper pieced the tablecloth and added some glitter to the cupcakes although it hasn't shown up very well in the pic :-(
 
 
 
The papers are all from the Dots & Stripes Bundle of Joy Girl 6 x 6 paper pad by Echo Park and I love the soft ice cream colours which I've combined with Kraft cardstock for a nice subtle effect.
 
I've die cut random size circles out and dotted them around the card and added buttons to embellish.
 
Don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog to see what inspiration the rest of the DT girls have for you this month and if you would like to take part we always love to see your creations.
 
Have a great day
 
Shelly x
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Love this sweet and "yummy" card. The button add a nice finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments & feedback :)