Sunday, 3 February 2013

Happy Birthday Ryan!

 Hello Everyone! My eldest Son turned 16 today and I wanted to make him a funky birthday card he would actually like! I struggled to find a stamp which was suitable for a Teenage boy and then stumbled upon this fab digi image from Saturated Canary which looks like a lot like my Ryan. I used Echo Park papers from the Echo Park Scoot pad and a sentiment from the Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler set.


I used the Dienamics Mini Double dot border to cut a fancy border to hide the join between the two papers and then sewed around the edges. The banner was cut using the Dienamics fishtail dies and I stamped some Whiff of Joy numbers on it and added die cut letters. I tied some twine around the banner before adding it to the card and popped a little spotty button on top.


Here is a close up of my coloured in image. I coloured him in with Promarkers and then cut him out leaving a small border before adding him to the card with foam pads. I finished off with a couple of little stick on pearls. I hope you have a lovely Sunday.
Jane
x

2 comments:

  1. Great card, I'm sure your son loved it! I agree that teen boys are soooo hard to make cards for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card...its fantastic and perfect for any teen boy!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments & feedback :)