Thursday, 18 October 2012

Trip-le Treat :)

Trick or Treat - Tri-ple Treat - see what i did there ;) haha!! Today I am completely spoiling you - not one but 3 goodies for you! As you know it Halloween theme week here at My Mums Craft Shop.  Apologies now - I am pretty sure this will be a lengthy post, I just couldn't decide which of the adorable CC Designs Meoples to use so I used all 4 of them!!
 I have made some sweet little miniture cards to share today. This first one uses 2 of the cute images, coloured of course with my copics! I have used some glossy accents on the little monsters eyes so they are super shiny, and I have added some stickles to the stripe in her hair, just small details but they really add to each individual image. The papers are from Kaisercraft Tigerlily and I finished it off with some gems, a small doily and some ribbon.
This next card features the cute little pumpkin witch image. I think this is my favourite image, I had soo much fun colouring the pumpkin in. I think you can just about see the glossy accents that I added to the pumpkins eyes - it really makes them POP. I added some bakers twine behind the image, and some gems in the corner. The little fency/gate at the bottom was created using my Tim Holtz Lace die. I cut the lace slightly larger than the card and stuck just the very edges down, allowing the lace to bend slightly around the image. Im really pleasef with the way it adds dimension to the card.
 
Finally, I have an ATC to share with you. If you head on over to our facebook page we are in the process of arranging a little atc swap. These are such fun to make - for those of you unsure of what an ATC is, it stands for Artist Trading Card. There aren't many rules to making them - infact the only one I can think of is that they have to be 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" in size. Other than that you can do whatever you want! I made mine to match the cards - if you can make a card you can make one of these - they don't always have to be really experimental and arty! To add some interest I have used lots of different techniques, I did some tearing, used border punches, added texture with the doily, tied some twine into her bunches - well a girlie has to accessorise now!! Then I added some gems, a flower and a pearl :)

Phew ... well that was a rather long post - If you are still with me - congratulations and I will see you next week!

6 comments:

  1. How cute! I love the little outfit with bogly eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. My personal favorite is the one with the Little Pumpkin Witch Image. So cute. TFS Zoe.
    Hugs, Rosalee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these, they are so well coloured and really proove that Halloween doesn't have to be dark and scary, I think that can put people off sometimes. These are really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute Stamps, love the alien especially, fab cards and so fun x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the colours very halloweeny and we are spoiled for choice love the meoples!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great projects but I love the little witch on the pumpkin x

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments & feedback :)