Friday, 15 July 2011

Cakey Watt!


Morning, morning, morning! Well it's nearly the weekend, which is a nice to start to the day, don't you think? I'm super excited to be posting here, what a thrill to be working with such a talented team! :)

I thought I'd share a little card I made the other afternoon. I had a little free time whilst the boys were at the park, but I must have been pining for them, because when I was rifling through my stash trying to decide what to make, all the lush girly stuff was thrown to one side! And instead, the incredibly gorgeous Cakey Watt, by Christy Croll for Stamping Bella caught my eye.

When I was looking at him, and his scrummy little cake, all I could think of was someone shouting 'How Old?' Well, in the Friendship Ticket and Ticket Sentiment Stamps, from Whimsy Stamps, you also get a blank ticket stamp with a couple of sentiments provided for you to play with too. However, on this occasion, it suited me more to add my own sentiment. Perfecto.

The sentiment then made me think of the cool number paper from the Out of the Blue Pad (Lime Twist; My Minds Eye). This paper actually comes in two colourways in the pad and if you like your spots, stripes, stars, argyles and even trains, then this is the pad for you.

I stamped the little guy out in Black Memento Ink, added lashings of Copics and the rest, as they say, is history.

As for me, several hours later, two hungry, dirty boys descended on my craft room and the peace was shattered, but I think we all had a good time!

Enjoy your weekend...

Faye
x

Recipe
Papers: Out of the Blue, Lime Twist; MME
Image: Cakey Watt; Christy Croll for Stamping Bella
Sentiment: Friendship Ticket Stamps; Whimsy Stamps
Colouring: Copics

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic card Faye, love this image and those fabby papers
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate your comments & feedback :)